Watkins Swimming Monday February 8 - Saturday February 13 Changes and Guidelines
WATKINS SOUTHSIDE SWIMMING
Important Covid announcements for the Wesley College Pool
Under the new state government restrictions there will be some changes to our lesson and squad programs for the period of Monday February 8th – Saturday February 13th 2021.
Fortunately most of our program will remain unchanged but with some modified guidelines
- Junior squads all run as normal during the week (Saturday Squad TBC)
- Wednesday/Friday lessons will run as normal
- Tuesday/Thursday lessons will run as normal
- Friday only Lesson Swimmers are as normal
Changes to our lesson and squad programs due to number restrictions are listed below:
- Monday/Wednesday lesson swimmers will only swim on Monday (February 8th) at your usual confirmed time (Not on Wednesday 10th Feb – only 1 lesson this week)
- Monday/Friday lesson swimmers will only swim on Friday (February 12th) at your usual confirmed time (Not on Monday 8th Feb– only 1 lesson this week)
- All Monday, Wednesday, Friday Intermediate squad groups (3,30, 4,30 & 5.30) will swim only on Monday and Wednesday at your usual times (Not Friday this week)
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Intermediate Squad (5,30) will swim only on Tuesday and Thursday usual time (Not Wednesday this week)
- Saturday mornings program is yet to be confirmed, however it will not be at its normal morning time slot at this point in time. More info to follow.
We apologise for these changes but we must make them to fit inside the state government guidelines.
Early bird payment for squads and lessons will apply for another 2 weeks. Once we know how everything unfolds we will then be in touch about make-up lessons/credits.
- All high school students and adults must wear a mask when at the pool. Our staff will not wear a mask whilst teaching or coaching.
- Please arrive as close as possible to your session start time.
- When your session finishes exit immediately (no free swims please).
- Exit will be out the western gate (shallow end/garden side)
- Please do not use the change rooms if you do not have to. No showers please.
- Squads meet Mat in the deep end (except Tuesday and Thursday 3:30 and 4:30 squads)
All groups will be shortened to help in minimising numbers in the changeover between classes.
- Stage 1-5 Lessons will be 25 minutes
- Stage 6-8 Lessons will be 40 minutes
- Junior and Intermediate Squads will be 50 minutes
To limit numbers in the pool area we ask:
- All squad swimmers be dropped off and picked up in the car park.
- If you only have a stage 6,7 or 8 swimmer we ask that you only spend the first 5 minutes and last 5 minutes of the lesson in the pool area.
- No more than 1 parent per family for younger swimmers.
- Maybe head off and support some of our fantastic local cafes.
We really appreciate your help with following these guidelines to enable us to keep the Swim School open.
We will also contact individual groups before they start this week.
Nick, Lee & Mat
No Slides Entered.